...getting to where i must.

Friday, January 8, 2010

elbowed in the...



do you all really want this,
my honesty?

I am honest to myself
I know my truth,
and what is true
just might destroy you
and what you think of me

let me clarify, this is to all,
not one

my truth will expose me
in this very moment
for everyone to judge
my truth will show no mercy
to me

it will leave me in the rain, naked

i agree
i have learned some honesty,
but what i know,
i will never show fully
because you might not like what you see

and i like how you all see me,
so why stir the waters?

i will show one, or two, or three, but not all...
because i hate watching myself fall
in other's eyes

but you... whoever you may be
let my image waste away in your eyes,
into a vision of something more real
than i ever was

into an ugly truth
something honest
a man who wish to wake from his filth,
not sleep in it...

2 comments:

zach harrison said...

Glad to see Redding in one of your blogs! And is that the hood of the Bitchin' Four banger (God rest its soul) I spy in the foreground?

d. vanheule said...

genius