...getting to where i must.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Traveler's Feet and A Moveable Feast



"The Traveler's Feet" Lubitel 166B, 120 Kodakchrome EEG 100 iso (crossed-processed)

"Can I sit here?" the man asked.

"Of course," I said, with what i believe to be an inviting look on my face.

He sat and read his article on the blazers. Nich was involved in science fiction book as I was discovering the greatness of A Moveable Feast. We all drank our coffee. Some time passed. We read.
I said my goodbye to Nich and made my way out of the busy coffee shop. I put on my scarf in advance, ready for the air outside. Brisk but welcoming. The trees in the city were (and are still) putting on a show for anyone willing to take the time and just look. "slow down, and enjoy..."
Walking by the park, i stopped and watched some children playing baseball. A kid slid into home base. Not so much the "true" baseball slide, but more like sliding on an icy sidewalk, or freshly waxed hardwood floors in socks. Standing up, but with limited control. Everything was how it had to be. I smiled, tucked Hemingway into my back pocket, and kept on...

i am thankful. I am blessed

I am way to content for this time of year...

2 comments:

pedronegro said...

a great special lady, good friends, the smell of a old book and a warm blanket of fog will do that to you....well it probably has a lot do do with the first one.

Nate said...

yo, I'm into the start running thing if you're looking for a partner